We are a Commercial Tenant Improvement General Contractor looking for an experienced Construction Project Coordinator or a PC assistant… are you ready to work?
The Project Coordinator candidate will need to have a MINIMUM of 2 years in the following list of job functions to qualify for the opportunity; preferably in the Construction industry. If you do not have the REQUIRED EXPERIENCE – we will not be interested! Looking for a team player to hit the ground running…
List of duties and skills required for the PROJECT COORDINATOR POSITION:
BID REQUEST FOR PRICING
1. prepare bid sheet for project; job name, number, address, etc.
2. retain 3 subs minimum for each trade on the bid
3. schedule job walks and plan issue to the chosen sub contractors
4. follow up phone calls and/ or e-mails to retain pricing
5. turn in bid sheet in a timely fashion to estimator with realistic pricing
SCHEDULING JOB WALKS
1. get plans to graphics shop to order reproduction of plans
2. order correct number of plans to distribute
3. organize the plans when they arrive
4. send out to subcontractors
5. provide plans to subcontractors attending the job walk (and/ or to those who don’t)
JOB AWARDED and SET UP
1. create physical job files to maintain paperwork
2. create job books for Owner, Project Manager, and Superintendent working the job
3. create all computer files in the data system needed to manage job
4. create a Profit Summary in the data system
5. create contract with the owner of the project
6. create all subcontracts
7. confirm and retain proof that all subcontractors awarded jobs on the project are current on; GL Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance.
8. Act as liaison between construction design team and vendors
1. maintain all communications with project owners, tenants, employees on the job, and subcontractors working the job.
2. create and maintain a Submittal Log and manage submittals as they arrive.
3. create and maintain all Change Orders (owner or sub contractor) for the job
4. create and maintain all NTP’s
5. create and maintain all Purchase Orders for the job
6. maintain the Profit Summary throughout the project progression
7. maintain all active job binders at all times for the owner, Project Managers, and Superintendents.
1. assure all Change Orders and opportunities to invoice have been recorded properly
2. administer the completion a few Close Out Packages (1 for the owner, one for our company)
3. properly file any plans, samples, and files
This position provides a full time salary. This is an opportunity to get on board with a small company looking to grow as the economy continues to recover. This is an OFFICE job, so if you are used to and/ or need to be out at the jobsite(s), this job is not for you. Also keep in mind your drive to the office daily is to West Hollywood (90069). Traffic in the West Hollywood area is a true representation of Los Angeles traffic – BUSY!
E-mail a cover letter, resume, and salary history to the Human Resource Department. WE NEED ALL THREE for you to be considered for the position!
PS – AGAIN, if you do not have the minimum experience required please do not send in your information. We are looking for experience at this time.