compensation: TBD, based on experience.
Construction Superintendent Job Descriptions:
– Schedule trades for work; verify job is ready for trade prior scheduling.
– Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
– Review and contract revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
– Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
– Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
– Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve issues.
– Determine labor requirements for construction sites.
– Direct and supervise workers and sub-contractors.
– Interpret plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
– Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
– Prepare and submit budget progress and cost tracking reports.
– Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
– Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
– Develop and implement quality control and safety programs.
– Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
– Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
– When required, be a ‘hands on’ manager of the job site and help labor with performing skilled tasks, heavy lifting, holding, moving items or materials, cleaning, etc. .
This position provides a full time salary.
E-mail a cover letter, resume, and salary history to the Human Resource Department. We need all three for you to be considered for the position!
If you DO NOT have the minimum experience required please do not send in your information. We are looking for an experience Superintendent.